Leaving something behind in an Uber has become a ‘fun fear’ for many of us – The triple pat down is ‘A THING!’
If you’ve ever left something behind in an Uber before I hope it wasn’t too personal, because every year they release their annual ‘Lost & Found Index’ which highlights some of the most bizarre and mundane items passengers have left behind.
According to Uber, Perth takes the crown as the most forgetful city; and a gold start goes to our Gold Coast-fairing Brisbane folk for being the least forgetful of the Aussie cities.
If you’re interested, the most forgetful day on the ‘Aussie Calendar’ is December 11, peak Christmas & silly season party time – GO figure.
Over the years there have been some WHACK items left behind, ‘from a prosthetic eye and a sewing machine to a sentimental metal straw and a leaf blower.’
But the top 15 List of The Strangest Items left Behind in an Uber of 2022 have been revealed;
- An adult toy
- A leaf blower
- Photo of a koala
- A very important blonde wig
- Betty’s burgers buns
- Spider-Man costume
- Electric scooter
- Dyson vacuum head attachment
- A breath testing device
- Gucci belt
- Part of a turn table
- A sewing machine
- A brand new 65 inch TV
- A kettle and toaster
I feel sorry for the guy who left behind the TV…
You might be wondering what to do if you ever leave an item behind?
Here’s how to retrieve lost items from Uber:
- Tap ‘Your Trips’ and select the trip where you left something.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Find lost item.’
- Tap ‘Contact driver about a lost item.’
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.