TikTok is renowned for opening our eyes to some rather bizarre recipes from across the world, and this one doesn’t disappoint.
This week, we’re trying ‘Spokane-style pizza’, a concoction featuring canned salmon and strawberries that went massively viral on TikTok.
TikToker Josh Scherer published the video explaining a supposedly “Spokane-style” pizza recipe. He starts the video by spreading a ball of pizza dough out, and then adds sauce. Next, he adds canned salmon, followed by capsicum, onion and mozzarella cheese. He then tops the pizza with strawberries and more cheese.
Apparently, the recipe originates in the Washington city of Spokane (… which turned out to be a hoax).
Whether it’s real or not, we gave it a try and the results may surprise you!
Hear what happened when we made and tried it:
- Pizza base
- “Fry” sauce (tomato sauce and mayonnaise)
- Sliced strawberries
- 2 x small cans of salmon
- Chopped capsicum
- Chopped brown onion
- Mozzarella cheese
- Place your pizza base on a tray.
- Mix some tomato sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl which makes the “fry sauce”.
- Spread the “fry sauce” onto the base.
- Add your two cans of salmon, chopped capsicum, brown onion and sliced strawberries.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve.