It’s the vegan bacon recipe made from banana peels that is going crazy on TikTok, but how does it rate on the Jonesy & Amanda ‘TikTok Tucker-metre’?
Hear what happened when we tried it:
- Remove the fruit from the banana and eat and keep the peel as this is what you need!
- Using a spoon, scrape off as much of the stringy part left on the skin.
- Cut into three sections to mimic size of bacon strips.
- Place the skins into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Add a teaspoon of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Paprika.
- Let that marinate for 10 minutes.
- Then Pan fry in oil 2-3 mins on each side until crispy and golden!
- Place on paper towel to drain oil.