A Queensland bushfire victim, whose uninsured home was burned to the ground, will be able to rebuild it after winning $1 million in a lottery.
The overjoyed man, from Mount Cotton, south of Brisbane, says he hopes his win is the beginning of better things to come.
“This really has come at the most incredible time,” he said on Thursday.
The man said a ferocious bushfire late last year completely destroyed the family’s home, and it wasn’t insured.
“All that was left of the home was a few charred teacups,” the Lotto winner – who wished to remain anonymous – said.
“We didn’t know if we would ever be able to rebuild but now we definitely can.”
The man said he used his wife’s lucky numbers on his Gold Lotto entry, which was drawn on Wednesday.
“They’ve delivered in a big way, this is a miracle,” he said.
He was the only division one winner, winning him a prize of $1 million.
“I can’t wait to go home and give my wife a big kiss and a cuddle,” he said.