Vivid is returning to Sydney this winter after the popular light festival was cancelled last year because of the pandemic.
With 50 light installations and 3D projection artworks, organisers are promising the event will be spectacular and COVID-safe.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian is promising it will be “the best ever”, with state-of-the-art technology that will “show how resilient Sydney has been after the challenges faced by the COVID-19 pandemic”.
Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres said the event will also deliver significant social and economic benefits for NSW.
“In its 12th edition, the Vivid Light Walk will centre around Circular Quay, Barangaroo and Darling Harbour – including our first-ever floating Light Walk in Cockle Bay – giving visitors three spectacular locations to explore over several nights in a COVID-safe way,” he said.
The installations and projections have been produced by 129 light artists and will offer an immersive and interactive experience through voice and motion controls, he said.
COVID-SAFE MEASURES ACROSS THE VIVID LIGHT WALK INCLUDE:
* Service NSW check-in QR codes that can be scanned from a distance of 20 metres
* Sections of the Light Walk will be managed through one-way pedestrian flow
* COVID marshals throughout the Light Walk
* Hand sanitation stations
* Touchless digital information kiosks
* Immersive and interactive installations with no-touch controls
Vivid runs from August 6 to 28.