Australia’s death toll from the coronavirus has risen to five following the deaths of two people in NSW.
A 90-year-old resident of the Dorothy Henderson Lodge aged care home in Sydney died on Saturday and testing confirmed she had COVID-19, NSW Health said in a statement on Sunday night.
It follows the deaths of two other residents, aged 82 and 95, at the facility from the virus.
A 77-year-old woman also died from coronavirus after flying from Brisbane to Sydney on Friday, Queensland Health told AAP.
She had developed symptoms on the plane, was taken to hospital and died the same day.
It comes as Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Sunday warned Australians to expect further restrictions and intrusions into their daily lives as the government took further steps to stem the spread.
All people coming to Australia from 12am on Monday will have to self-isolate for 14 days, while cruise ships will be banned from arriving at Australian ports for an initial 30 days.
All non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people have also been banned.
While schools will remain open “social distancing” will be increased and practices at aged care facilities are under review.
“We’re going to have to get used some or more changes over the next six months or so,” Mr Morrison told reporters in Sydney.
“There will be further intrusions, further restrictions on people’s movement and their behaviour.”
More than 150,000 people have been infected with COVID-19 worldwide, with more than 5600 deaths.
The number of virus cases in Australia has risen to more than 300.
Deputy Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said things are changing on a daily basis.
“What is different about Australia … we are not yet in winter,” Professor Kelly told reporters.
“All of the places we are seeing this virus really escalate quickly now, to other parts of the world, are in the northern hemisphere. They are in the latter part of their winter months.”
A 78-year-old man died earlier this month in Perth after travelling on the virus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship.