An Australian Gin manufacturer has had to urgently recall a batch of their bottles after they were accidentally filled with hand sanitiser!
Apollo Bay Distillery had sold a number of bottles that were labelled gin but filled with a hand sanitiser that was not safe for human consumption!
The company reported at least nine bottles labelled “SS Casino Gin” that were sold between 5-7th of June.
A customer reportedly commented on their Facebook page claiming to feel unwell, “Had one glass of this at lunchtime and had a really bad headache and felt nauseous… about 1 hour after and had to take nausea tablets and Nurofen,” according to News.com.
The bottles were unsealed and are not toxic according to the company’s statement posted on their socials.