If you’ve been on TikTok lately, then you may have noticed a Tofu Pizza Waffle recipe go viral.
The vegan life hack involves placing tofu in a waffle iron to produce a crispy pizza base.
We had to give it a go!
Hear what happened:
· ½ block Organic Extra Firm Tofu
· Cooking spray
· ¼ cup pizza sauce
· ¼ cup cheese
· ¼ cup pizza toppings of choice (mush, capsicum and ham)
· 1 tsp olive oil
· ¼ tsp red chili flakes
· 1 Tbsp fresh basil julienned
1. Slice block of tofu in half, lengthwise. Slice each half into 4 long strips, about ½ inch thick. These tofu slices will go into the waffle maker.
2. Place tofu on hot waffle maker, press down, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until waffles start to brown.
3. Place waffle on a baking sheet. Spray each side of the waffle with cooking spray and place the baking sheet under the oven broiler.
4. Broil the waffle for 5 minutes on each side until waffle becomes crispy.
5. Remove waffle from oven. Top with pizza sauce, then cheese, then toppings of choice. Place pizza waffle back under the broiler and broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese and toppings starts to brown.
6. Remove pizza from oven, and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with red chili flakes, and top with fresh julienned basil, and serve fresh!