Strawberry butter. Seriously?
Strawberries and cream = delicious. Strawberry buttercream = delicious. And you can bet your strawberry butt(er) that strawberry butter will delight your taste buds as much as those other two.
How about spreading it on a bagel, a slice of raisin toast, or a cheeky bit of banana bread (which we all know is just “cake for breakfast” with great PR…)
Cool, now you’re on board, here’s how you can make it yourself.
(submitted to Taste of Home by Julie Herrera-Lemler, Minnesota.)
- 6 large strawberries, room temperature
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- Buzz the strawberries in a food processor until they’re finely chopped.
- Add the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar, blend it all together.
- Add the rest of the sugar in small quantities until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
- Store in the fridge.