STRAWBERRY SALSA ON BBQ HALOUMI
There are not enough swear words to express how bleeping excited this makes me.
Nature’s lollies on squeaky cheese: where have you been all my life?
Bring this dish to your next BBQ and they will deadset build a statue in your honour.
(originally from Taste.com.au)
You will need:
- 250g chopped strawberries
- 1/2 chopped small red onion
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbs shredded mint
- 1 chopped birdseye chilli
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
haloumi, sliced into 5mm slices
- Everything apart from the
haloumigets mixed in a bowl. Keep 1/2 tbs of olive oil for the BBQ.
- Try not to eat it yet. We haven’t finished.
- Put your BBQ on high. Brush the
haloumiwith the rest of the oil, and cook for about 1 minute each side.
haloumion a platter and top with salsa.
- Now you may eat.