You may know San Churro as the greatest place to get Spanish doughnuts in Australia BUT now they’re levelling up.
Forget warm crispy cinnamon-dusted churros… or don’t because they’re the best, but just know that San Churro is now officially launching a ‘Savoury’ menu.
Selected store nationally are offering a range of delicious Spanish finger food.
“We’re declaring our love for all things sweet and savoury with a new menu of tantalising treats. Our new Signature Savoury range is inspired by the iconic tapas bars of Spain, where you can enjoy bite-sized explosions of flavour, paired with quality time spent with your amigos and familia,” said San Churro CEO Giro Maurici.
The Tapas Menu includes…
● Patatas Bravas – Spanish potatoes, seasoned and topped with aioli and tomato relish
● Mac & Cheese Croquettes – Three golden croquettes coated in crispy bread crumb
● Beef Meatballs – Made with Australian Beef, cooked to perfection in a rich tomato and basil sauce
● Chicken Empanada – Three crispy shortcrust pastries stuffed with chicken, sweetcorn and red capsicum topped with tomato relish
● Vegetable Empanada – Three crispy shortcrust pastries stuffed with kidney beans, capsicum, sweetcorn and tomato and topped with tomato relish
● Mushroom Risotto Bites – Four mushroom and pea risotto bites coated in crispy bread crumb topped with aioli
Toasties & Pitas
● Ham & Cheese Toastie – Double smoked ham and mixed cheese with a bechamel and mozzarella topping
● Chicken & Bacon Toastie – Seasoned chicken, bacon and mixed cheese topped with sliced bacon, bechamel sauce and mozzarella
● Triple Cheese Toastie – A classic! Parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella with tomato relish
● Chicken Pita Pocket – Chicken marinated in yoghurt & smoked paprika toasted in a pita pocket
● Pulled Beef Pocket – Pulled beef, red peppers & guacamole toasted in a pita pocket
Honestly, I don’t know how you’re going to pick which dishes to eat, I’ll probably just get 1 of each but you can get four plates for $30, six plates for $45 or eight plates for $60!
The menu is designed to complement their amazing dessert selection, seems like San Churro isn’t as fussed about my waistline as I am…
The savoury tapas menu is currently only available at the following stores;
NSW & ACT
East Victoria Park