Did you know that Nigella Lawson adds banana peels to her curry? Or that Jamie Oliver tops his pizzas with grapes?
It sounds kind of icky, doesn’t it? Well, that’s exactly why Amanda Keller thought she’d get her apron out and cook us some to try!
Would you try it?
Hear what happened (and please, don’t gag):
BANANA SKIN CURRY
- Peel three overripe bananas and put the fruit in the fridge to eat at a later date.
- Chop the ends off, then put the peels into a saucepan of boiled water. Sprinkle with salt and turmeric.
- Add half a jar of your favourite curry paste with a tin of coconut milk or cream.
- Stir over medium heat.
- Once they start to look soft and cooked, drain the Banana peels and slice them into diamonds.
- Add to your curry and simmer for 25 minutes, until they start to look like eggplant skin.
- Top with coriander.
- Preheat the oven to full whack (240ºC).
- Pick the rosemary leaves and toss with the sliced onion, a pinch of sea salt, black pepper and one tablespoon of oil until well coated.
- Spread the tomato paste over the pizza base, sprinkle over the dressed red onion and cooked sausage meat.
- Toss the grapes into the pan for 1 minute, then spoon over the pizza with any juices.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.