NEW EXEMPTIONS WILL ALLOW AGRICULTURAL WORKERS FROM VICTORIA TO CROSS THE BORDER TO WORK ON NSW FARMS.
THE OCCUPATIONS INCLUDE:
* Dairy: technicians, dairy consultants, artificial insemination specialists.
* Horticultural: technicians, machinery operators and mechanics, harvesters, pruners, consultants for agronomy, plant health, harvest management, pest and disease.
* Wool: testing technicians, shearers.
* Specialist consultants: agronomists, nutritionists, veterinary, seed and crop researchers. Agribusiness specialists for where internet or video conference facilities cannot be accessed.
* Crop: harvesters, hay and silage contractors, rice sowing contractors, crop spray/fertiliser contractors.
* Forestry: workers and technicians.
* Intensive livestock: piggery/poultry (egg and broiler) technicians, processing workers, stockfeed mill operators.
* Specialist contractors/equipment: irrigation specialists, fencing contractors.
* Specialist agricultural service providers: market access inspectors, saleyard operators and agents, livestock carriers.
* Commercial fishing: crew and operators, Aquaculture operators/technicians.
* Beekeepers: commercial operators.
* Commercial Wine Production: technicians, specialists involved in the production, harvest, testing and management of vintage.
* Biosecurity Officers: pest trap inspectors, pest and weed controllers.
* Cross-border rural property landowners: leaseholders, agistment holders or their agents directly involved in or responsible for land management, livestock husbandry, agronomy pest and disease control and production management.
* Bushfire recovery workers.