Contaminated medication is to blame for some 16 children developing “werewolf syndrome” in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
The kids were taking omeprazole to help with acid reflux but it seems a dodgy batch was mixed with minoxidil, used to promote hair growth for people suffering from alopecia.
The contaminated products have reportedly been removed from circulation but not before a number of kids had excessive hair growth all over their bodies.
It’s being reported that thankfully the horrible side effects stop when children stop taking it.
There are photos of the affected children here.