A food blogger on TikTok has revealed how to make vegan tuna by marinading watermelon in soy sauce and sesame oil overnight.
Eva – also known as ‘vegaliciouslyeva‘ – shocked viewers with the watermelon’s incredible likeness and texture to fish.
But, what does it really taste like? Is it worth it or is it simply a dud recipe?
We decided to give it a go!
Hear what happened:
1. Cut the watermelon slices into sushi sized rectangles.
2. Mix together toasted sesame seed oil, soy sauce and grated ginger for the marinade.
2. Marinate the watermelon pieces and leave overnight.
3. Once marinated, cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size. The pieces should all be very soft.
4. Drain (you can use the marinade for an asian salad dressing) and turn in some sesame seeds on four sides.
5. Serve with some cucumber slices, sriracha mayo and spring onions and voila – you’re done!