It’s been well over a week since Channel 9 entertainment reporter Richard Wilkins first tested positive for the coronavirus and since then he has said that he has returned a positive test result THREE times!

Wilkins took to Instagram overnight to give his followers an update on his condition, warning everyone that while he has tested positive multiple times now, he still hasn’t shown any symptoms.

“So… I’ve now returned a positive result THREE times,” he wrote alongside a photo of him being tested in his home. “Still can’t believe it as I still have zero symptoms.”

In the image a man dressed in scrubs, gloves and a mask performs a test on Richard by sticking a swab up his nose.

View this post on Instagram

So …. I’ve now returned a positive result THREE times… still can’t believe it as I still have ZERO symptoms. They tested me again today ,.. and hopefully will return a NEGATIVE result. Fingers crossed!!! The suggestion is …. that 3 days after the last symptom …people should ‘assume’ that they’re over this thing … and ‘proceed with caution’ ! I find this totally unacceptable and irresponsible! I completely understand the fact that the last thing the Health Dept wants to do is spend days retesting people like me… and God knows that I don’t want to soak up resources… but I don’t see how I can walk out my front door until I have a clean ‘bill of health’! I know the health system is fighting a huge battle … and resources are stretched …but in clear conscience … I can’t put others at risk … until I’m assured that I’m not POSITIVE anymore ! Love to all RW XX

A post shared by Richard Wilkins (@richardwilkins) on

Richard said that he was tested again today and is hoping for a negative result this time but doesn’t understand how anyone can know whether they do or don’t have the virus without a test, when people like him are showing no symptoms.

Advertisement
Advertisement

“They tested me again today,.. and hopefully will return a NEGATIVE result. Fingers crossed!!!” Richard wrote. “The suggestion is… that 3 days after the last symptom… people should ‘assume’ that they’re over this thing… and proceed with cation!

“I find this totally unacceptable and irresponsible! I completely understand the fact that the last thing the Health Dept wants to do is spend days retesting people like me… and God knows that I don’t want to soak up resources… but I don’t see how I can walk out my front door until I have a clean ‘bill of health’!”

Despite showing no symptoms, Richard said that he won’t be leaving his quarantine until he returns a negative result.

“I know the healthy system is fighting a huge battle… and resources are stretched… but in clear conscience… I can’t put others at risk… until I’m assured that I’m not POSITIVE anymore!,” he concluded in the post. “Love to all RW XX”

Richard’s condition certainly does bring to light a worrying concern that lots of other people could be walking around not knowing that they have the virus because they aren’t showing symptoms and haven’t been tested.

It really does show why things like self-isolation and social distancing are so important in stopping the spread.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This comes after Richard Wilkins first announced that he had tested positive for the coronavirus on March 15.

He has since been in quarantine in his home, posting constant updates for his followers on Instagram.

Want more? Listen to this best bit from Jonesy & Amanda!