Despite the pandemic disrupting his plans to seek more medical help, Ozzy Osbourne says he’s still on the road back.

Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne appeared on The Talk with Sharon Osbourne Wednesday to share how they’re handling the novel coronavirus pandemic together.

As hard as it’s been, the co-founding Black Sabbath frontman is positive about his progress.

“It’s been good, actually. I’ve been recovering from a surgery I had last year,” he said. “So I’ve never been at home this long in my whole career. So I’ve had a chance to see my wife’s side of the fence more than me being on the road. So it’s had its moments, I must confess.”

Ozzy was hospitalised last winter with pneumonia for over a week. Not long after being discharged, he tripped and fell late at night in his bedroom and aggravated an old neck injury that sent him right back to the hospital. The Prince of Darkness was in so much pain, he later recalled thinking he had paralysed himself.

He underwent surgery for his neck and began an agonising rehabilitation process that resulted in almost two years (and counting) of touring being canceled. Sometime during that hospital stint, he was informed that his Parkinson’s disease was advancing.

All things considered, Ozzy says he’s “getting better. It’s a slow process, but I’m getting there slowly but surely.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Ozzy is resolved to get back on stage and finish his ‘No More Tours 2’ farewell in a more satisfying fashion. His daughter Kelly and son Jack Osbourne both say their dad has made remarkable progress, considering all he’s up against.

Longtime bassist Rob ‘Blasko’ Nicholson says the band will be ready when Ozzy calls. Blasko added that he hopes touring resumes after the pandemic for “right reasons.”

Article: Andrew Magnotta