Despite reports that singer Michael Buble was retiring from the music industry amid his young son’s cancer battle, it’s since been reported that this is far from the case!
On Friday, the Daily Mail first surfaced a story claiming that Buble would be retiring following the release of his next album Love due to the turmoil that his family has been going through with his 5-year-old son Noah’s liver cancer diagnosis.
“I don’t have the stomach for it anymore. The celebrity Narcissism,” the singer supposedly said to the Daily Mail Weekend.
“This is my last interview. I’m retiring I’ve made the perfect record and now I can leave at the very top.”
However, multiple publications are now claiming that Michael Buble’s representative has disputed these reports.
“He is not going anywhere,” said a representative to US Weekly. “[He] is absolutely not retiring.”
Buble’s son Noah was first diagnosed with cancer in 2016 and the singer has often spoken openly about how the shocking diagnosis affected their family.
“I truly thought I’d never come back to music,” said Buble to the Herald Sun back in July. “Family is what matters. The health of my children is number one. The relationship with my family, my wife, my faith – all of it is easily number one.”
“I don’t talk about the whole story, not even to my friends because it hurts too much,” he added. “It’s my boy He’s a superhero, he doesn’t need to relive it over and again. But I’ve been to hell. And you know what, hell seems like a really nice place to vacation compared to where we’ve been.”
It’s understood that Noah’s health has continued to improve since his diagnosis, with a representative for Buble telling ET earlier this year that he was “doing very well”.
Michael Buble performed in Sydney at Allianz Stadium just over a week ago. His new album is due to be released on November 16.