After what feels like forever, the first stage of the much heralded Sydney Metro will finally opens this Sunday.
And while the new train line promises to make life easier for commuters, there are a number of changes that you need to be across.
Some existing services will actually increase in frequency and extra bus journeys added, but some others will be scrapped entirely.
The much maligned and costly on demand buses will be soon be introduced in The Ponds and Norwest areas to help locals meet up with bus and train lines.
Station link bus services that were introduced while the Epping to Chatswood train line was upgraded will be stopping, but Macquarie University, Macquarie Park and North Ryde stations will all reopen on Sunday.
The new Metro North West will stop at 13 stations.
The line will feature 138 kiss and ride spots, 588 storage spaces, 80 taxi stands, however there will be only 4000 car parking spaces, which is expected to be well short of demand.
New parking restrictions have also been introduced in 54 streets around the new train stations with no provision for residential parking permits.
BUS SERVICE CHANGES
– Departure times will change on these routes: 668, 669, 673, 674, 675A, 675C, 676, 677, 678, 680, 682, 718, 721, 722, 723, 724, 726, 728, 729, 738, 739V, 743, 744, 750, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 758, 759, 761, 770, 771, 774, 775, 776, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 789, 791, 793, 794, 795, 797, 799, S7, S11, S13
– Changes in general across western Sydney on these routes: 661, 662, 663, 664, 668, 669, 673, 674, 675A, 675C, 676, 677, 678, 680, 682, 718, 721, 722, 723, 724, 726, 728, 729, 738, 739V, 740, 742, 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759, 761, 770, 771, 774, 775, 776, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 789, 791, 793, 794, 795, 797, 799, S7, S11, S13, T70, T71, T72, T74, T75
– Route 740 from Macquarie Park to Plumpton via Stanhope gardens will be scrapped. If you are travelling to Macquarie University or Macquarie Park you can transfer from route 745 to Sydney Metro services at Bella Vista metro station. If you are travelling to/from Glenwood you can access route 730 (previously route T70) to Norwest Station and transfer to Sydney Metro services to access Macquarie Park or Macquarie University
– Route 742 will be changed to run via Tallawong Station and Clarke Street, Riverstone, and extended from Riverstone Station to Marsden Park via Carnarvon Road, replacing route 757 trips in this area. This route will have 128 additional weekly trips.
– Route 745 will be changed to run via Bella Vista metro station and terminate at Norwest Private Hospital instead of Castle Hill. An alternative service between Glenwood and Castle Hill is available on route 730 (previously route T70) or by interchanging from route 745 to Sydney Metro services at Bella Vista metro station. Weekday morning and afternoon service frequency will be increased to every 15-20 minutes. Saturday services increased to hourly. This route will have 129 additional weekly trips.
– Route 746 Rouse Hill Town centre to Riverstone will run every 30 mins between Box Hill and Rouse Hill Station. There’ll be 35 additional weekly trips. – Route 747 Marsden park to Rouse Hill Town Centre via Riverstone will be changed to run via Tallawong Metro Station. The route will no longer service Schofields Rd between Tallawong Rd and Cudgegong Rd – Route 749 Blacktown to Marsden Park will be scrapped.
– Route 751 Blacktown to Rouse Hill will get 342 additional weekly trips. Bus services will be timed to connect to most T1 Western Line trains at Schofields for travel to and from Richmond. Route 751 will no longer serve Schofields Road between Tallawong Road and Cudgegong Road. You can walk to the next or previous stop along Schofields Road or walk into the Tallawong Station stops in Themeda Avenue, all options around 500m walk from the closed stop
– Route 757 Mt Druitt to Riverstone via Marsden Park will now run via Richmond Road and Garfield Road West. Services will run later on weeknights and on Saturdays, with Sunday services running to and from Riverstone for the first time. There’ll be 11 additional weekly trips.
– Route T70 will be renamed 730 and will run via Hills Showground Station. The route will no longer service Carrington Rd between Doran Drive and Showground Rd.
– Route T71 renamed 731 and will change to run between Blacktown and Rouse Hill only. Service replaced by Sydney Metro services and route 626 between Kellyville Station and Castle Hill. Windsor Road between Samantha Riley Drive and Old Windsor Road will no longer be served.
– Route T72 renamed 732 and will change to serve Tallawong Station. Increased weekday morning and afternoon peak service frequency between Quakers Hill and Rouse Hill Stations, with buses running every 15 minutes. Route no longer serves Schofields Road between Tallawong Road and Cudgegong Road. There’ll be 121 additional weekly services.
– Route T74 Riverstone to Blacktown renamed to 734
– Route T75 Rouse Hill to Blacktown renamed 735