Disgusting Moment Man Finds Slug In Mexican Food
A Sydney man has had the shock of his life after purchasing some Mexican food over the weekend only to find something absolutely disgusting and unexpected inside.
The man posted a photo to Facebook of his chicken burrito bowl purchased from popular restaurant chain, Guzman y Gomez, on Saturday afternoon, with what he claims is a slug inside.
Sydney Man Finds Slug Inside His Mexican Food
“No! We literally just pulled a DEAD SLUG out of burrito bowl,” wrote the man on the Facebook group ‘Newtown 2042’ on Saturday. “Slugs are toxic!"
The man claims to have purchased the burrito bowl at a Newtown branch of Guzman y Gomez.
The inner west Sydney branch in particular has not commented on the incident, however, Guzman y Gomez head office released an official statement about the allegations to Yahoo7.
“An allegation that a foreign object has been found in our food is highly concerning,” said a spokesperson for the company.
“We are treating this with utmost seriousness and will be conducting a thorough investigation.
“There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our guests. At GYG, we have strict processes in place across all of our restaurants to ensure we adhere to the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.”