WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Rolf Harris Not Guilty Of Indecent Assaults

A judge has formally found Rolf Harris not guilty on four counts of indecent assault after a London jury failed to reach verdicts on them.

Prosecuting lawyer Jonathan Rees told Southwark Crown Court on Tuesday it had been decided not to seek a retrial on the counts after the jury could not agree on them.

The decision means the 87-year-old entertainer no longer faces the prospect of further jail time.

He was released from Stafford Prison on May 19 after serving time there on previous convictions.

After the jury was discharged by Judge Deborah Taylor on Tuesday Mr Rees told the court prosecutors had "come to the firm view" not to seek a retrial.

He told the judge the prosecution would not offer any evidence and invited the judge to enter not guilty verdicts on the four counts, which she then did.

Harris was accused by three women of quickly groping them at public events in 1971, 1978 and 1983 when they were aged 14, 16 and 13.

AAP

Share this: