WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Listen on

Road Rage Victim 'Day By Day' As Third Person Charged

The victim of a vicious road rage assault on a Queensland motorway faces a "day by day" battle to survive.

Brock Prime, 29, sustained a severe head injury when he was violently attacked by a group of up to 13 people, some of whom may have been armed, at the side of the M1 near Yatala on Saturday night.

On Monday, two men were remanded in custody after being charged with their alleged roles in the assault.

Jonathan Lawrence, 26, and Jordan Baklas, 27, both had their matters mentioned in Beenleigh Magistrates Court after being arrested on Sunday.

Neither man appeared in court, with both matters adjourned until Tuesday while the pair seek legal representation.

A third man, 28, from Upper Coomera, was charged with grievous bodily harm on Monday evening and will face Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

It's been reported the group were on a bucks party on the night of the incident.

Mr Prime's family has been told by doctors he suffered a fracture to his skull in the attack and needs to stay in a medical coma for the next week at least.

His mother, Donna, posted to Facebook a copy of notes from a family conference with doctors treating her son where it was explained how serious his injuries are.

"He has been to theatre and his brain is very bruised and swollen ... the brain has also been infected with dirt after the punctured (sic) injury," the note read.

"His brain injury is life threatening and we will take it day by day."

Mr Prime also sustained a broken leg in the attack, which doctors were expected to operate on on Monday.

Detective Inspector Mark Thompson said the incident began when the van and Mr Prime's car came close to colliding on the M1 around Coomera.

A "cat and mouse game" then began, with the two vehicles ducking and weaving through traffic in wet conditions on the motorway before they both finally pulled over.

"The actions of both of these vehicles were extremely dangerous," he told reporters.

Mr Prime's friend Mia Cole said the incident came five weeks after the sudden and unexpected death of his father Darren.

On a GoFundMe page set up to support the family, she said Mr Prime had taken on the household father duties "such as paying the mortgage and putting food on the table".

His family said he had been working 10-hour days, six days a week to support them following his father's death.

Detectives have called for anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has dash cam footage to contact them.


Share this: