• Little Lies
  • Listen on
Pure Gold

WSFM 101.7

  • now playing:
    Little Lies
    Fleetwood Mac
  • Listen on
MENU

VIC Toddler Killed By Product Bought At Local Supermarket

A coroner has ruled that the heartbreaking death of a toddler from Victoria was most likely linked to his consumption of unpasteurised bath milk.

The parents of a three-year-old boy Frankston boy brought the unpasteurised milk from a peninsula store. Reports say the parents used the milk in tea and occasionally gave the boy a small amount with his formula. 

The coroner has cleared the producer - Mountain View Organic Dairy) of any wrongdoing.

undefined

(Image: Herald Sun)

Reports say the milk was properly labelled and included a warning.

The young boy was rushed to an emergency department in October 2014 and was transferred to a medical centre two days later.

According to The Herald Sun, 'the coroner said evidence indicated the little boy died on October 13 from a rare and severe complication of E. coli infection, called haemolytic-uraemic syndrome.'

“I find on the balance of probabilities that (the) death was most likely linked to the consumption of unpasteurised milk,” she said.

Source: The Herald Sun

Share this: