Lebanon Kidnap Detainees 'To Be Charged'
Lebanese authorities are expected to charge seven people involved in an alleged attempt to snatch two children and whisk them back to Australia, local media report.
Sally Faulkner and a Nine Network TV crew are in custody, along with members of an international child recovery agency, following the attempt to kidnap her children Noah, four, and Lahela, six, from her ex-husband Ali el-Amien.
The Daily Star reported two of the nine people arrested over the affair had been released - though it was not clear who they were - and the remaining seven would likely be charged over the abduction on Monday.
Noah and Lahela were allegedly snatched from their paternal grandmother on a busy Beirut street by a group of masked men on Thursday.
The children were handed over to Ms Faulkner but the agents and a film crew from the Nine Network's 60 Minutes, including reporter Tara Brown, were arrested a short time later.
Ms Faulkner was arrested the following day and the children have been returned to their father, who has said he won't press charges against his ex-wife.
Her new partner, Brendan Pierce, said he and the Brisbane woman's family were coping with the ordeal.
"Everyone in the family is doing well. Sally is being treated right," he told AAP but would not comment further.
Nine said it was doing its most to support the mother and 60 Minutes crew in Lebanon.
"The last thing our team wanted was to be a subject of their own story," the network said on 60 Minutes on Sunday night.
But Nine did not address allegations it paid more than $100,000 to the child recovery agency to facilitate the operation.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has said the government was offering consular assistance to the arrested Australians.
"But you have to understand that in situations like these, often the less I say, the better it is for the people," Mr Turnbull told reporters in Sydney.