WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

House Of Cards Move Forward With Filming With No Spacey

Netflix has reached an agreement to resume production on House of Cards season 6, the show's final season, in early 2018, according to chief content officer Ted Sarandos.

Production of House of Cards season 6 was suspended in October following sexual assault allegations against star Kevin Spacey.

Season 6 of the political thriller will be eight episodes, starring Robin Wright, Sarandos said. The final season will not include Spacey, as previously announced.

"We were really excited we could get to an agreement ... for the conclusion of the show," said Sarandos, speaking on Monday at UBS's Global Media and Communications Conference in New York.

House of Cards, the first major original show for Netflix. Sarandos said he was gratified to have reached the deal for the team of 370 people who directly work on the show and for "the 2000 people in Baltimore" who have jobs working on HOC.

Variety reported last month that producers were contemplating killing off Spacey's character, the devious political animal Frank Underwood, to focus on Wright's Claire Underwood as a way to salvage season 6.

Last week producers had informed the cast and crew that the hiatus on season 6 would be extended through December 8 and that the crew will continue to be paid during the break. Now the pause on the production is extending into the new year.

AAP

Share this: