WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Exploding iPhone Forces Evacuation Of Queensland Store

A Queensland store has had to be evacuated after an iPhone exploded in its owner’s hand.

Security footage shows the man taking his iPhone 6+ in to be repaired when it blows up at the counter.

According to ViralHog, the came in complaining about the battery not holding charge and wanting the broken screen repaired.

Staff claim the battery failed and exploded, causing the screen to come off the phone.

They were forced to use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire and eventually evacuate the store due to the fumes.

“Draw your own conclusions, but imagine if this happened five minutes earlier when the guy was driving to the shop and not in the shop,” they told the site.

The store had to close for the rest of the day due to the fumes.

Top Photo: AAP

TRENDING NOW: The New World Of Avatar At Disney World Looks Amazing!

Share this: