A Sydney Beach Has Been Named Australia's Best
Every Aussie that lives by the coast will claim that THEIR beach is the best in the country, and now a new survey has named our top ten beaches and a Sydney beach has nabbed the top spot.
TripAdvisor has announced that Manly on the city's northern beaches is the best place to swim, surf and relax in the country.
Member for Manly James Griffin was pleased as punch with the result.
“Manly is loved by locals and visitors from across the globe so it’s no surprise to see our beach named the number one beach in the country, thanks to its stunning coastline, waterside bars and restaurants, picturesque walking tracks and direct access by ferry from Sydney’s CBD,” Mr Griffin said.
“Manly attracts around 2.3 million visitors each year and with the inaugural Vissla Sydney Surf Pro kicking-off this weekend, now is the perfect time to visit our beautiful beachside suburbs.”
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in Australia:
1. Manly Beach – Sydney, NSW
2. Surfers Paradise Beach – Surfers Paradise, QLD
3. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Island, QLD
4. Noosa Main Beach – Noosa, QLD
5. Bondi Beach – Sydney, NSW
6. Four Mile Beach – Port Douglas, QLD
7. Cable Beach – Broome, WA
8. Mooloolaba Beach – Mooloolaba, QLD
9. Burleigh Heads Beach – Burleigh Heads, QLD
10. Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, WA