WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Listen on

Woman Almost Goes BLIND After Undertaking a Task We ALL Do!

16-year-old, Tylah Durie, has been left with horrific chemical burns and almost blinded after suffering an allergic reaction to hair dye.

The Beauty student, almost went blind and experienced excruciating pain in her eyes and brows 30 minutes after applying 1000 Hour’s Eyelash and Brow Dye kit. 

“I woke up almost blind because of the reaction, my eyes had blown up like huge balloons, I was crying and screaming,” Tylah said.


“It was like having beach sand thrown in your eyeballs and not being able to get it out, then a stinging like razor blades on my eyebrows.”

“My eyes were pretty much swollen shut, I could only see a tiny amount and my eyes were weeping with a lot of puss. “

Tylah revealed that she didn’t do a patch test before applying the dye and is now urging everyone to perform patch tests!


Jodie Phillips, a spokesperson from the company that producers the 1,000 Hour product has said that the chemical that Tylah is allergic to, is a common ingredient in hair dyes.

She added: “We have not had any incidents where a customer has required hospital treatment.”

“The young lady must have had a serve reaction and I do truly hope that she makes a full recovery.”

Share this: