Man's Stomach Explodes Mid-Air, $63K Worth Of Cocaine Inside
A man's stomach exploded on board an Aer Lingus flight revealing $63,000 worth of cocaine.
The 24-year-old Brazilian man with 80 10-gram pellets of what authorities believe was cocaine in his stomach, died after biting another passenger and one of the pellets broke, according to the Irish Times.
Authorities are waiting on the results of a toxicology test to confirm if the substance was cocaine and how much was inside.
The man has been identified as John Kennedy Santos Gurjao.
He was flying to Dublin from Lisbon on Monday and grew agitated, biting another passenger who was helping crew members restrain him.
He then collapsed, was handcuffed and died shortly after.
Authorities also arrested a 44-year-old Portuguese women, believed to be travelling with Gurjao.
The flight was redirected to Cork, Ireland