WSFM 101.7
Pure Gold

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Family Killed After Appliances Plugged In At The Same Time

This is absolutely tragic.

A horrific blaze that killed a Mum and her three children was started when a halogen heater and Ipad were plugged in at the same time.

Anisha Umerji, 40, her two sons Hammad, 12, and Yusuf, 10, and her five-year-old daughter, Khadija, all died in the blaze in the UK. 

Anisha’s husband Zubair attempted to get his way through the front door to rescue his family. 

In what was a complete accident made by one of the children, it was an unavoidable and tragic accident.

A statement released through the Bolton Council of Mosques said:

"The families are in total shock at the events of yesterday morning where an accidental fire caused by a halogen heater led to the sad fatalities of Aneesa, Hammad, Yusuf and Khadija.

"We are also humbled and overwhelmed with the support received from the wider community of Bolton and surrounding towns.

"The families are still trying to come to terms with what has happened and are focused on offering support to each other.”

 

Share this: